From:
Debbie Utter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 16:14:27 -0400
Me, again!  I forgot to ask for help on how I might fatten up this new
ferret.  He's pretty skinny.  I'm assuming his diet is the reason for his
weight.  Before my first ferret got on better quality cat food and ferret
food, his coat wasn't very soft or thick, and he was a little on the light
side, but he certainly wasn't as thin as this new one is.  Could there be
other reasons for low weight?  This feret has been eating Purina Cat Chow
and 8 in 1 ferret food, and never had Linatone or Ferretone until yesterday.
I'll be working in Eukanuba, Science Diet, Totally Ferret, etc.  and
eliminating the Cat Chow; I've given him some Linatone, and he likes that.
I've been giving mine three drops of Linatone every day.  Is that enough?
(I will be mixing the Linatone with two parts olive oil.)

The previous owner had this ferret about a year and the ferret had no shots
during that time; I don't know if he had any shots before then.  The ferret
(we haven't decided what his name will be yet!) has an appointment with the
vet on Monday night to get distemper and/or rabies shots.  What's a good
rule of thumb: should he get the three-shot distemper series, or is one
booster sufficient?  Is it ok to give distemper shot and rabies shot at the
same time?

Believe it or not, I'm not posting every question here; I'll be checking the
FML archives and FerretCentral about introducing ferrets to each other, and
about training not to nip.

Thanks for all your help.