From:
Lisa Cruz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:40:04 -0500
>I just read the last few FML's dealing with ferrets as FAD pets, but I
>really got mad after reading about the teenage ferret owner stereotype.

I did too, Erin!  from the age of 2, I have brought home every stray or
lost animal and cared for it until my parents and I could find the animal's
owner. nurse it to health, find it a new home or give it a home with us
(My iguana I found when I was 6 started at 4 inches---she grew to 4 feet
and died three years ago---of old age!!!)  Oh, I'm 37 as of today, so, I
had her, what 31 years?  Not bad if I say so myself...

Anyway, I digress!!!  You are how old?  15?  And you ACTUALLY TAKE CARE OF
YOUR FERRETS?  BY YOURSELF???????  I'm sure your room stinks to high
heaven...oh it doesn't?  Well, I am sure your clothes have ferret stains
and smells on them...Oh they don't?  Well, I am extremely sure you always
have to enlist the aid of your friends and parents when one gets loose
because you sloppily closed the cage gate, and they got out while you were
in school...Oh that's never happened?  Wow!  Hey Rick!!!  Here is a mature,
capable young 15 YO! WHO TAKES CARE OF THE ANIMALS IN HER CARE!!! BY
HERSELF!!!  And guess what?  She's female!!  Woo Hoo!!!  Hey Rick, did you
check out the web site she has done????Awesome!  It is not just a reprise
of the same old ferret info---her site is fresh, innovative, and lots of
information to be had (Oh Erin, I voted for ya by the way!  LOL!!!)

Ya see, Rick, what kids today need is a little more guidance and acceptance
from their parents and peers....most kids can do anything they set their
minds too---and make a useful, constructive contribution to society...

You go Erin...after Rick's post about stupid people who need dictionaries,
I had to re-read your post to re-affirm my faith in the human race and its'
future...

Thanks,

Lisa and the Enchantment Of Ferrets

It's amazing how many cares disappear when one decides not to be something,
but to be someone... - Coco Chanel