From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:00:07 EDT
I would like to let everyone know, that LOS requires anyone who was
selling kits that they must provide the vaccination records, proof of adv
testing, any records available in reference to breeding or prior records
supplied by a previous owner from a rescue and to advise them that a
quarantine of 14 days after acquistion before introducing them to their
current ferrets is advised.  Also an adoption contract is mandatory.

I reminded everyone again before the show started about the paperwork and
was told they all had paperwork.  Now, all ferrets are health checked and
the health check form can be emailed to anyone would would like to see
the form personally.  I was not aware as I was running the show that (two
AFA members) of which I will release the names in a personal email not on
public forum where not following my guidelines.  I will not be inviting
them back to my show as I do not take this lightly and I was very upset
that they were selling kits that they had said where altered.  Now
firstly, they stated that someone else was holding their ferrets for them
and she must have switched the ferrets when they were questioned about
selling unaltered ferrets after the show was done.  I have since emailed
them and asked them to provide me with the names of those who bought kits
so that I may contact them and update of them the situation.  I have not
gotten a return email back.  If I had known this prior to the end of the
show, I would asked them to leave my show.

I am not trying to bash anyone but for the full factual information,
please email privately and for the woman who received this ferret,
please let me know what it costs to have the ferret spayed and I will
send some money for reimbursement.  I sincerely apologize and have
corrected the problem.  These people are now banned from selling kits
at any LOS or LOS Sanctioned Show.

Please for future reference, contact me directly for full factual
information regarding any concerns about our LOS Shows.  Any concerns or
questions can be directed to [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask] as always we appreciate your input.

Sincerely,
Dawn Smith
Vice President
LOS National