From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:53:42 -0800
In an effort to begin a discussion on the Des implants and yesterday's
post, why would you implant both Melatonin and Des? Why would you add
another dose of either drug if the first is continuing to be effective?
Too much of a drug can become problematic. I have read the study and
do not understand this thinking and its benefits to the ferret. Am I
missing some information here that might help me better grasp this?
Personally, I would tend to error on the side of caution and evaluate
specific symptoms whether with ultrasound baseline measurements on the
adrenals or with clinical symptoms owners have observed.

I have two males who have had their implants for 17 months. We do have
baseline measurements and I am beginning to see a change in behavior
and physical symptoms so we are measuring adrenal glands again for
comparison and implanting pretty certainly on one, possibly both. I
however and most fortunate to have not only a brainiac vet, but one
who is a very talented ferret ultrasound tech, who is operating the
Des implant treatments similar to how the study was set up.

Love to know more - I think the Des implants are going to be an awesome
help for happier, healthier ferrets at less cost for owners and
shelters too.! Thank goodness for those vets with inquiring minds that
want to know LOL!!

Cathy
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3
LJ