Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 04:05:53 -0700
Lorraine you stated the following:
>One thing that is certainly false in your post is the "change your mind"
>period of time FRES has in the written contract that they have all people
>surrendering ferrets sign.  The person surrendering a ferret to FRES is
>granted 48 hours to change their mind after which they have to pay an
>adoption fee if they wish to reclaim their ferret.

how did you think BETTYS POST WAS FALSE?

she said that they DID HAVE A CLAUSE IN IT..she said that it was 24hrs...
you state right in your email that FRES has a "48hrs" to CHANGE THEIR
MIND.....AFTER THAT...now here these words AFETR THE 48hrs...THEY HAVE
TO PAY THE ADOPTION FEE...now does everyone understand that?

the key words here are AFTER 48HRS...NOT BEFORE...BUT AFTER...i dont
understand why you are condeming Betty...please tell me why?  i really
want to know...i have her emial righ here in front of me...she states
that the women WENT BACK AFTER 18HRS...you know BEFORE THE CUTOFF!!!
not after but before...and they said that she had to pay the adoption
fee...now lorraine how do you justify that?  plese let us all know...
did you just MISREAD BETTYS POST?  or did you pick and chose?  i'm going
to give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that you misread
it...because SHE NEVER SAID THAT THE LADY CHANGED HER MIND AFTER THE
CUTOFF TIME>...she said that the lady CHANGED HER MIND IN THE 18TH
HOUR...and that WAS BEFORE THE CUTOFF TIME...i dont get why people here
can read anything else into it...this is not the first time that a
shelter has done this...and im sure its not going to be the last time...I
CAN UNDERSTAND IF THE FERRETS HAVE OR WERE ABUSED...but they were not!!!
so what is the excuse to charge the fee?  especialy when THE SIGNED
CONTRACT GAVE NO PROVISIONS FOR THAT!!!!  if that was done to me i'd sue
you...i dont care...if i made a mistake and gave my animal up and tehn
changed my mind IN THE ALLOTED TIME and you or anybody else tried to
charge me a fee...I'd sue...forget small claims court...id go for the big
bucks...i most certainly would...why?  because everyone makes mistakes
and if you relize that you ahve made one and you try to fix and some
money hungry person wants to charge you a fee and your time HASNT RAN
OUT..than yea i'd make sure that no one ever did that to anyone...YES I'd
MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF THAT SHELTER...wrong is wrong and right is not
always right...the shelter found no abuse...she went back before the
24hrs...and teh shelter went against their own contract of 24hrs..the
shelter asked for the adoption fee before the 24 hrs was up...so
Lorraione i guess that you and others THINK THAT IS OKAY?  yes the women
was wrong to turn her ferrets over to the shelter...why you ask?  becasue
she believed that the shelter would go by its own contract...you know the
signed contract thats gave the surrending party "24HRS" TO CHANGE THEIR
MINDS...the women believed that they WOULD HOMOR THEIR CONTRACT!!!  GUESS
WHAT?  THAT SHELTER LIED TO HER!!!  THAT SHELTER REVOKED ITS OWN
CONTRACT!!!  DO YOU THINK THAT IS RIGHT?  heck no it isnt...its
wrong...and all BETTY DID WAS TO POINT THAT OUT TO EVERYONE...and the
fact that IT DOES HAPPEN AT OTHER SHELTERS and THAT IT ISNT RIGHT!!!  so
why people are getting on their bandwagons and putting betty down...amybe
they should take the time and go back and reread what she wrote...i know
i did...betty wasnt a jerk...she didnt lie...and she didnt blaze anyone
or anything...SHE TOLD THE TRUTH as to HOW A SHELTER WAS WRONGFULLY
HANDLING A SITUATION....so instead of getting in BETTY FACE ABOUT THIS
and blamingher for something that she didnt do why dont we all get on the
side of this WOMEN AND GET HER FERRETS BACK TO HER!!!  now in conclusion
when i put stuff in caps it means that i am making a point...i am
emphasing that point...and no i am not trying to be a jerk...but i really
dont think that alot of people read her email correctly...

sincerly,
trudi

"Blessed Be"

[Wow, was that all one paragraph???  BIG]