Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 18:33:13 -0500
Hi all, dis is SaraFerret. Now I know dis is a long delayed posty. As
most of you know bridge fuzzies are nots allowed to have puters
(somting abouts ordering pizzas), so all messages has to be sent
telepaticly to mommy. And you know how hectic human lives can gets.

And so..... I was drifting offs to sleep in my hammie when all of a
sudden, Dexter, de little boy courier, flew right into me. (Just a
bit low--Mercy--will dat boy never learn to fly right).

Hey, SawaFewwet, dere is a note for you. Wakes up and gets busy. You
gots to go gets dose other fewwets. Wakes up, he lisped.

Okay, Dexter, I is awake now. I read de note. Oh my. Dexter, do me a
biggie favor-go and get Walter and Maxie and bring dem to de bridge
entrance now.

Sure, sure, SawaFewwet, I wills be happys to do dat, he said and off he
flew. (I only hope dey can understand him; he lisps worse den I do).

Den I saw dis little fuzzy coming across de bridge. He was so draggy
walking so I stood back just a bit from de entrance. He came towards me
and started to say somting, but den he just went all over de place--one
big wets puddle. He just let out one big sigh of relief. (SaraFerret
has gots real smart over de years and has learned to read notes real
well so I knows when a stops up fuzzy comes across whats happens rights
away).

I introduces myself, Hi I am SaraFerret, I am the bridgegreeter.
Welcome to your new forever home. Here you will has no pain or
suffering. You will has no litter pans, lotsa food, other fuzzies
to play with, did I mention fun and games.

He looked at me kinda puzzled like and said, Forgive me, I sure didn't
mean to be rude, I is a Texas ferret, and I should've introduced
myself right away, mam. My daddy would be upset with me for being
ill-mannered. My name is DJ but my daddy always called me Fatboy. I
lived at a Ferret Rescue in Texas where de took good care of me and
my sister and brother. Daddy said dat I would meet dem here, so where
are dey.

Right den, Walter and Maxie flew alongside DJ. What a reunion. Oh happy
day! Bouncing and joy. Oh Good Grief! What are dey doing? And what is
dat Music? Deep in de Heart of Texas? Yeah, dat is de Music. DJ,
Walter, and Maxie were so happy dey were doing Texas-style line dancing
to de music. Even other fuzzies came out to dance. And den de Yellow
Rose of Texas started up.

Hey, wait a minute, guys, I cried Stop de music for a minute! All of
a sudden, it all became so quiet, you could've heard a mouse tiptoes.
Uh, I says, we needs to talks about de wing tings for a minute before
de party starts.

Oh, everyone said. We just thought dat you had already taken care of
dat.

Yeah, I know, I replied, I is just a little slow today. Well, it seems
dat DJ had already checked out de other's wings and he knew de story
already. (dose Texas fuzzies are pretty smart). So off we went to de
Wing House to pick up his wings. We crowded in. You go first, no you
go first, naw, you go first.

Hey wait a minute, I said, I'll just go first and then DJ will come in.
(Texas fuzzies are polite too). So discussion over, we got inside and
on de counter was de big box (of course). DJ opened it and took out de
sparkling blue wings. We helped him on with dem and fitted his halo on.
But den DJ had a confession to make. He unzipped his secret backpack
and took out... three fuzzy-size Stetsons! WOWSIE! Someting to remind
him of home. Awww.

Well, we left de Wing House and headed toward dere cottage where de
party was planned. You are correct! Deep In de Heart of Texas! Fuzzies
Line Dancing, Okay, even DJ trying to teach me how to Texas two-step
(pretty hard for a old fuzzy likes me). Yellow Rose of Texas. Come on
down. Iced cold sweet tea, cold pepsis, squirt cheese and crackers. A
welcome to de bridge DJ party. Towards de ends of de party when all
were worn to a frazzle, DJ, Walter, and Maxie--three shelter fuzzies
remembered dat de were so blessed dat someone on earth cared enough to
rescue dem and take dem in while dey were on earth until dey were ready
to fly on dere bridge journey.

And so ended another greeting at de Bridge.

Loveys and hugs,SaraFerret, bridgegreeter