Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 13:40:23 -0400
Have already heard from some people who took someone ELSE's comment as if
those were my own words.  ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHH!  No, no -- bad reading (and
I don't care if you agree with what you THOUGHT I said due to that other
person's THINKING I said it when I didn't -- it's still BAD to lay the
quote of one person at the feet of another)!  I have NOT corresponded about
that FML letter with the person who wrote in Monday's issue as if she can
read my mind (Let's get some stage magician music in here, please.
Abracadabra!  Wowee!  ) and who seems to think that she must therefore must
know who I mean among three thousand list members (Hocus Pocus!).  In fact,
I have never met her, and like it fine that way while she treats her
comments as if they were mine.  Heck, it's bad enough having her words
taken as if they are mine from a distance. :-)  Her words are her's ALONE;
if she wants to mention names (while I named none and didn't even claim to
have reached any conclusions in relation to the identity of the originator
of the nasty anonymous letter) then PLEASE remember that those are HER
assumptions, and that I lay no claim to HER conclusions -- they are her's
and that is that.  She can't read my mind or your's.  Anyone who claims her
or his own conclusions as being mine or your's is engaging in "figment-of",
and that isn't amusing.  I not only have NOT said who I think may have
written that nasty letter, I also immediately realized when reading it (all
on my own, gee-whilikers, gosh, and golly...) that there is NO way for me
to know the anonymous person's identity.  Hey, that's a no-brainer.  Just
because someone else ASSUMED that I meant one given individual does NOT
mean that I did.  PLEASE, don't confuse other people's conclusions with
mine.  I did NOT name anyone and do NOT appreciate having another's
conclusions laid on my doorstep as if I wrote words that I didn't write.

I am not mad at those who wrote to me.  They are kind people and they
certainly didn't flame me in the least, but I am human and fallible enough
enough on my own (thank you :-) ) to get into enough of a hassle by myself,
without someone else's words, accusations, conclusions, etc.  being labeled
as mine.  So, I'm not angry at those who wrote me about this, but am
worried that if this trend continues that I'm going to get the credit/blame
for things which have absolutely ZIP to do with me.  Why didn't I name
names in relation to the nasty anonymous letter?  Simple.  I don't know who
wrote it.  Attributing another's comments about the source to me doesn't
make any sense.  Does it?

If you are tempted to write to agree or disagree with the conclusions that
were laid on my doorstep even though I had nothing to do with them, please,
forget it.