From:
moulitsas markos chr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 05:29:42 -0600
 Hello everyone. I know that whenever two pets first meet, they should be
caredully supervised. However, it's hard for me to do the supervising
when I'm not really sure what kind of behavior should worry me. My SO
just got a new kitten, a 8-week-old bundle of raw and unbridled energy (I
have the scratches to prove it!). My Zoe and the kitten have met twice,
and most of the time is spent running around like crazy, kitten chasing
Zoe as if there's no tomorrow. When the cat catches Zoe, they wrestle.
 Now, I know that ferrets like to play rough, and that they are more than
 capable of taking care of themselves, but is there any way for me to know
 that the situation has gotten out of hand?  Frankly, some of their
 wrestling really puts me on edge, and I've had to restrain myself to keep
 from pulling them apart.

I may be overeacting -- I just don't want to see my baby hurt.  Zoe is half
the size of the kitten, and can easily hide if she trully fely threatened.
And, my SO is just as worried that Zoe is hurting her kitten, Which leads me
to believe that it's just our protective instincts at work.  (We actually
fought, accusing each other's pets of being blood-thirsty savages.) Still,
if anyone has any kind of guidence on the matter, I would greatly appreciate
it.  Thanks.

Markos and Zoe (vice-chair, DeKalb County Thieves Guild)