From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:19:45 -0500
The following is a cut and paste of an email I received today as a
result of the visit. The McKay farm is within the legal requirements
for animals. Other than the feces, they can't do anything.

One way that he can be closed down is if people stop purchasing his
stock, but people have been saying that since the 70's.

I have no other idea's on how to close him down other than changing
laws, and we would need lots of proof and backing.

Sorry guys, I don't have better news.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited
www.ferretsunlimited.org
non profit no kill

Jean,

The only issue we noted during our visit involved the feces piled under
the cages. The ground is frozen and nothing can be done at this time.
We will be following up with Mr. McKay in the near future on this
issue. He appears willing to work with us on removing the feces
from the property, perhaps on a quarterly basis. We have no other
regulations pertaining to ferrets to follow. Sorry we can not assist
you in any way. We did explain to Mr. McKay that cleaning up his
property would create a better atmosphere and leave a better
impression on those who visit.

Doug [Franz, Ohio Department of Health]