From:
K Hindall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 20:43:10 -0400
Hi, all!

Thanks for the kind responses about Milo.  I'm still working on the
logistics of this while waiting for the world to get back to their
offices tomorrow.  (Thank goodness this isn't a holiday weekend!)

I have been advised that I would get a better response if I set up a
PayPal account to receive donations.  My concern regarding that is that
*I* wouldn't respond to such a plea if the person was collecting the
money themselves; it's too likely to be a scam.  I have left a message
for the hospital's business office, to see if they'll set up a PayPal
account, but--having had more than twenty years of dealings with this
hospital--I doubt they will.  (Their medical staff is talented and
caring.  Their business staff is ruthless.)

Would some ferret organization out there be willing to set up such an
account, collect the funds, and pay the hospital from those funds when
payment was required?  I know they'll expect a $500 deposit before doing
surgery and then the balance before they release Milo, but I'm only
asking for someone to administer that money, not to donate to it
(although I wouldn't say no to that, of course!).  I just want people
to be able to be sure this is on the up-and-up.  There really is a hurt
ferret, and he really will get this money.

I have sent an e-mail message to the WNYFLFA (the organization that
arranged for the foster home); I have not heard from them yet.  I'm just
sending out this request sooner rather than later, to hopefully secure a
backup if they can't assist for some reason.

Thanks for your consideration!

--K Hindall