From:
Renee Rider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 07:49:49 -0500
>I must still disagree with you.  If a ferret must travel via air, I think
>he/she should go in the passenger cabin with their people.  There are
>airlines which allow pets as carry on.  I'm willing to bet that ferrets
>appreciate the extra effort their human makes to ensure that they're not
>subjected to unpressurized, unheated environments.

Which airline are you flying that allows you to do this?  Please correct me
if I am wrong, but NO major airline will permit this for ferrets.  It isn't
about their individual rules, but I was told that the FAA (The Federal
overseers) have ferrets classified as "dangerous" animals and their rules
forbid any airline to permit ferrets to travel in the cabin with other
humans.  I called every airline in the book and was told NO to ferrets.
Certainly, you can try to sneak them on the plane, if you are willing to
deal with the consequences of getting caught.

Renee, who did get caught, but they thought it was a large rat.