From:
Angela Wyckoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:08:38 -0400
Roulette is at the vet's office and needs prayers!  The vet said he only
had 15-20% chance of pulling through.  I can't believe I had to leave him.

Rou had a seizure today.  He had one on Tuesday night but seemed to get
better and act fine so I didn't call the vet.  I thought He wouldn't be
able to tell me anything.  I thought maybe he had dust up his nose since he
sneezed and didn't want his head touched.  I was sooo wrong!  The vet said
his lungs are filled with fluid and there is fluid on the brain and that's
what caused the seizure.  I had seen a change in behavore but thought it
was his age(at least 6 years) and maybe depression over Syber's illeness.
He was eating and pooping fine.  The vet is asperating the fluid and said
if there's not too much damage then he will pull though.  This was caused
because I had have the ferrets down in the basement.  It's partially
exposed so I thought it was best for them during the summer.  Bright but
cooler.  The vet said the humidity was ! probably 50% down there and it
was suffacating my babies. even though we have a whole house Humidifier.

At this point I wonder if I should find homes for the three healthy babies.
I feel like they aren't getting enough attention since I had the human
baby.  I had thought about this before but with all the homeless ferrets
I knew that my babies were clean, well fed and loved.  But apparently not
well cared for.

Please say a prayer for Syber also, she is getting nearer to the bridge
with her Insulomia.  She has been Roulettes partner all her life and even
though she has the other ferrets she needs Roulette.

Angela (Roulette,Syber,Nikita, Spaz and Charlie