From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 22:37:19 +0000
Behind as usual on these posts:

>From:    Evers <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Greetings, update and "blosom butt"

>Her tail smells just like Violets!!  I even brought her down tonight and
>made my Mom and my Dad smell her tail and even Mom ( who is a closet type
>ferret admirer... <SNIP> And I might ad that I do not have anything that
>smells like that: ie.  perfume, soap, candles, etc.  It is not all over
>her, just her tail.  Phebe now has the nickname of "Blossom Butt"!
>Amy Evers

:)))))  I always say that our fuzzies tails smell just like incense. I
breathe long draughts, then take a whiff of their ears and marvel that
the same animal can have two such "at odds" smells emanating from one
body.

It's too late in the season, but next year I'll try and remind people to
go smell a blooming "Pieris japonica" bush, which smells EXACTLY like a
ferret, that musky wafting smell on a hot day after they wake up.  And
there are some daisies that smell EXACTLY like ferrets' ears!  Truly.  So,
of course, what are my favorite flowers?

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Diapers
>Has anyone found a way to successfully diaper a ferret?  My little
>monster boy refuses to use anything but carpet and linoleum when
>he's out.  I tried to make a diaper out of a mini pad and baggie,
>but with those short little weasel legs, I couldn't even get it on
>him!  My next step is gonna be a cork and ductdape!  Just kidding ;)
>[Dede]

Thanks, Dede!  For the great laugh.  I've long thought that anyone who
could create a cedar-scented diaper that would stick on a fuzzy boutom
would stand to make millions!

Lynn and the Six Diapered Flowerts