Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:30:35 EST
Hi Everyone,

I know it's been a while since I last posted, I have been reading the
posts every day and I adopted a couple rescued senior ladies a few weeks
ago.  Their names are Fran and Fritz and I got them from a woman on here.
Any way, they are doing fine, however Fran (the more senior of the two)
is a bit of a biter and she is very thin.  I know that they were rescued
from a very bad scene where there were dead and dying ferrets all over
the place and the were starved.  They are eating great and Fritz the
younger one is fantastic, nice and chunky and very playful.  Fran worries
me, she is soooo thin and all she does is sleep and eat.  I know that
when ferrets get older they do tend to sleep more but the fact that she
is NOT putting on any weight has me worried.  She also itches a lot, I
have spoken to the woman I got them from and she suggested giving her
a drop or 2 of Benedryl but it doesn't seem to help.  She itches
constantly, especially when she is out of her cage and man does she get
MAD when she can't stop the itching.  She will get on yout lap and look
out...lol.  She goes for the arms and hands when she is mad from all the
itching.  I feel so bad for her and for Fritz but for Fran especially.  I
just want them both to know that they are LOVED and that NO ONE will EVER
hurt them again.  I just want to cry whenever I think about what these
poor ladies have been through and the scars that Fritz sems to still
suffer from.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for the
biting, the itching,,, and especially any way to put some weight on her.

Thanks everyone and LOVE Your FUZZKIDS!!!!!

Trish and Her Furkids.