From:
Graham Wren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 14:09:35 -0500
It was in the early 1980's that we got our first ferret, from a breeder in
Vancouver.  All these airline stories on the FML reminded me of how we got
her home.  Transporting her through baggage check-in was too expensive for a
pair of students, but we had already bought her without thinking it through.
So I smuggled her through X-ray in my pants (a 6 week kit, not yet tamed!)!
Once through, I zipped her into the camera bag.  She escaped three times,
once we were on the plane.  The stewardess asked my companion if I had
stomach flu, because I was running to the head to stuff Pookie back into the
bag.

Don't ask about how my iguana, which escaped in a Winnipeg hotel...