From:
Denise L Voskuil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 06:37:22 -0700
>From:    Froggy <[log in to unmask]>
>        Just a little side track : Anyone scene the seen in Ace Ventura
>where the ferret comes out of his toliet and the goes and sits by him?
>(Pause for everyone to run to their VCR's.) I'm sure this has been posted
>all ready, but oh-well.

I thought that was an otter, but it has been a while.  Anyone who can
confirm/deny?  I watch animal scenes in movies and TV closely for ferrets.
BTW, from the Usenet group alt.pets.ferrets and my own knowledge, here is a
list of ferret sightings:

* Beastmaster (& Beastmaster 2?)
* Northern Exposure (TV show; 1 episode)
* Bright Lights, Big City (cameo; unflattering)
* Kindergarten Cop
* Twin Peaks (TV show; 1 episode, cameo - appeared as "tree weasel" w.
  possible dye-job)
* Legends of the Fall (cameo)

I saw an older movie (in color) that had a quick view of a ferret in it.  It
was about a boy, maybe 2, out on the road.  He gets a ride with a man who
takes exotic animals to a buyer.  The man is driving a (school?) bus, with
crates containing lots of types of animals.  The boy strikes up a friendship
with a trained seal.  The ferret appears in one shot in the truck.  I only
saw it up to the point where they reach the buyer.  Can anyone give me the
title of this movie?  E-mail me if you have the answer.

I think Spunky must have been crying because he was lonely - he was in a
separate cage, to gradually get him used to being here.  When I put him in
the cage with Rocko and Randall, he now only looks at me like he wants out
when he wakes up - no 'bleating.'  So, to the person whose ferret would cry
until he was picked up, there is a solution; get another ferret. :)

Happy ferreting,
Denise, plus Rocko, Randall, and Spunky
--
/\\    ____  ,^-o, Denise Voskuil - [log in to unmask]
  ``-,'    `-';~~     Brain: "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"