From:
Kerri Sher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 08:08:24 -0400
Hi all,
I have some friends who are currently doing their vet. internships.
They recently attended a seminar on exotic animals where the person
instructed them that ferrets should never be fed cat or kitten food.
They were told that ferrets can develop crystals in their urinary tract
from it just as cats can.  I have been mixing Iams kitten food in my
ferrets food and now I'm not sure I should continue.  I wondered what the
rest of the ferret community thinks of this.  Has anyone had a problem
with their ferrets developing crystals in their urine because they were
feeding kitten food?

Kerri
and the fuzzinators: Loki and Gletta