From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:27:20 -0400
My FML Family,

Today, the gray sky opened up with as many raindrops as I had tears.
Today, things were changed with one small, but horrible word. lymphoma.
! week and 1 day after celebrating that my beloved Buddy, did not have
cancer, things have dramatically changed for the worse. Upon another
exam, today, it has been determined that the lymph nodes in Buddy's
body have indeed grown. At first exam 1 week and 1 day prior to today,
there was only one swollen lymph node in Buddy's belly, seen during
surgery, and NO indication of any other swollen nodes. Today, there are
swollen nodes all over his body. My wonderful vet, Dr Potts, could not
have been more compassionate as he told me, and truly saddened for me.
He took Buddy in the back to remove his stitches from surgery last
week (11 days ago actually). He told me, "Do you know how badly I did
not want to come back to this room and tell you? I just wanted to go
home." He held me as my composure waned and tears overtook me. I
brought Buddy in today because of that ominous feeling, something's not
right, his eyes are not right, he's not acting right. Unfortunetly, I
was right, but the wrong kind of right. Today, Buddy's and my world
changed, Today we know, that he does indeed have cancer, 2 weeks to the
day that I lay my Holly bear to rest this same horrible beast rears it
ugly head once more, poised to take another innocent victim..

To say I am in shock would be an understatement. Not that this should
happen to any ferret, but why Buddy? He is the smartest ferret I've
ever known. He can almost speak with his eyes. Holly's decline and
passing was traumatic, as are any illnesses and passings. Now I have
to do this again, far, far too soon.

*$^@ you, lymphoma.

Sue