From:
Karen Castro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 02:35:03 -0500
Hi !
I have recently subscribed to the FML and I have really enjoyed reading all
the posts.  I thought everyone might like my little story about my Petey.  I
let him and his partner in crime, Disco, out of their cages for a fun filled
afternoon of hiding my shoe inserts (I'm on pair 5 now) and eating my dog's
food.  I decided to vaccum, which sends everyone into a mad panic and a
quick hiding place.  An hour later I called both of them and only Disco came
out.  I hunted and hunted for Petey and discovered I'd forgotten to lock the
front door (I live on the 2nd floor).  Needless to say, Petey didn't come
out that night and we couldn't find him anywhere outside.  The next morning
I was boo-hooing with my boyfriend and looking for pics of Pete to use in a
flyer to post.  At 10am we hear this 'scratch, scratch' at the front door.
We opened the door and there he was: filthy, stinky, and a look on his face
that said 'i've had lots of fun and i'm hungry now, can i come in?'.  After
much more boo-hooing and a bath, Petey was put safely back in his cage.
Moral of the story: lock that door !!  I can't believe he A: found his way
home since he's never been outside B: didn't get hit by a car and C: he
liked us enough to come back.  These little guys continue to amaze me.  If I
had the brain the size of a golf ball I don't think I would be as clever!

Question: I am bringing home another little sweetheart (7 wks.  old) soon.
The breeder doesn't descent her ferrets and said I don't have to either.
Both of my other guys are 'pet store' ferrets and came fixed/descented.
Should I get her descented when I get her spayed?  Will it affect my other
fuzzies?

Karen, Petey, Disco (and soon... Tasha !)