From:
Becca Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 16:38:15 +0000
Hi, this is becca (again =) and I have yet to convince the fam that we need
a ferret but it is looking promising... anyway, I have a question.... now,
I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems as if a many of the posts here on
the FML are about sicknesses and/or serious diseases that their ferts are
getting.  I don't know if it's just that the majority of the subscribers to
this list are lurkers and don't post unless there's a serious problem, or is
it that the little fuzzies are more susceptible to sickness and disease?

I have had pets for the longest time, the 4 cats we have, have been around
for over 10 years and the most serious problem we've ever had with them is a
mild case of earmites and an occasional hairball.  Also, we have 2 puppies,
well, dogs (2 years) actually, =) and the only thing we've had to do for
them is remember to feed them those new flea prevention pills (Program
brand) and keep up with the shots.  Over the years, I've had guinea pigs,
parakeets, cockatiels, cockatoos, rabbits, iguanas and hamsters entrusted to
my care, and not once have I encountered any of the serious problems that
are mentioned here on the FML daily.

The only death by mistreatment/sickness I have ever been witness to was when
a family up the street bought ferts and their house has many small parts
around, to put it bluntly, and thier first little guy ate a Lego, he
recovered well but the same thing happened 2 more times and the third time
he just didn't make it, they bought another one, Rebecca, named after me and
she got into a fight with their parrot.  Neither animal pulled through. =..(
Well, anyway, I am prepared to take the best care of my fuzzy, but I would
like to be forewarned if I can expect problems and should be on a sharp
lookout.  Well, sorry this was so long.... I'll go now

My Most Sincere ALoha
becca