From:
Rachel Mazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:15:09 EDT
Hi there,
The distemper vaccine that ferrets get is not the same one that dogs get.
The ferret vac. only contains protection against distemper while the dog
one is DHLPP which stands for Distemper, Hepatitus, Leptospirosis,
Parainfluenza, and (I believe) Parvovirus.  The ferret vaccine that we use
at the hospital I work at has a label with Fervac.  It is in a different
bottle and is a different color than the dog one.  Actually Fervac-D is
the only USDA approved distemper vaccine for ferrets.  At the clinic I've
been working at for a while, we charge around $25.00 for the vaccine give
or take a few dollars.  Here is a link for you to read a little bit about
it.  http://www.ferret-universe.com/health/distemper.html#fervac.

I hope this helps.

~Rachel~