Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 00:48:18 -0500
Here is a re-post of my message which got partially posted to the last fml;
these wacky computers...

 ======================================================================= 5

Howdy all!

I am happy to announce the recent addition of the sweetest little 2 yr. old
sable, "Gerty," to the "ferret family" of Beckett and Molly.  She is sooooo
good!--lots of kisses, never a nibble, and uses her litter box 100% (maybe
she'll teach the other 2 some manners :-)  She comes to us from a guy who is
moving and didn't want to be bothered moving his ferret as well!  Can you
believe this idiot?  She is obviously quite well cared for, but doesn't seem
to really have been "loved."  She got a clean bill of health from the vet
yesterday, and is gradually getting used to Becks and Moll, although the fact
that she's not descented has made for a *bad smelling* few days of ferret
introductions.  She occasionally clucks, hisses a lot when she feels that
either she or her newly usurped toys are threatened, but mostly makes loud,
screeching, monkey-like sounds when "playing" (ie: scrapping) with the others
(does anyone else's fuzzie do this?).  All in all we are extremely happy to
have her--she is a real suckie-baby.  Beckett still wants to be boss-ferret,
and Molly is jealous of the new sweetie in town, but I'm sure that in no time
everyone will get along grandly.

-Ross & Norma-ann & Molly & Beckett & Gerty
     humans              crazy kids