From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:29:25 EDT
Thank you, Rebecca, for expressing so eloquently everything that I was
feeling.  I was feeling so much, that I couldn't begin to think of the
right words to say to Sandee's human.  Sandee's human, thank you, thank
you, thank you......

I didn't know what Rainbow Bridge was, and I only watched Sandee's
comforting posts with curiosity in the beginning.  I had lost animals
in the past, but I dealt with in in varying ways.  Sometimes I had the
farmers mentality and just pushed a death to the back of my mind, thought
it natural, and tried hard to not think much on it.  Other times, I"d
have my husband or mother take the animal to be euthanized, buried, etc
and once again... I'd push it to the back of my mind.  But I"m older now,
and when these "friends" pass it seems so much harder.  The time came
when my personal ferret got a hideous disease and I had a very hard time
dealing with seeing her coming to such an end.  I found myself sitting
with her, telling her good bye and telling her all about Rainbow bridge.
All those posts from Sandee came flooding back.  And I used many of those
memories to comfort both her and myself.  What a difference it made.
Once I began doing this, I felt better.  Sandee, the ferret angel,
continued to help me deal with her death.

Most importantly, Sandee has helped Sean.  Sean has never seen or
understood death.  When death came into his life when Jubilee died, it
was Sandee's stories that helped this little autistic boy to comprehend
everything he witnessed.  I was able to bring Sean with me to euthanize
Jubilee.  He held her after she had passed away, and I reminded him of
where she went.  I think that it would have been far more difficult for
Sean to accept what is what we call death without Sandee.  Sandee
continues to help Sean as he realizes Rocky's mortality.  He talks about
Rainbow bridge, heaven, and God all the time when he quetions Rocky's
future.  When he brings up Rocky's future, .... just as he gets teary,
he then suddenly smiles a little through the tears and says, "but then
there is Raibow bridge and ferret angels".

Wolfy
ps Sean now sleeps in a huge, snow white t-shirt, that has a ferret angel
on it given to him by Ferret Guardian Rescue at the symposium.