From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 12:32:12 -0800
Hi gang,

Things have been very hectic here of late so I have not had much opportunity
to post.  Fruitloop is, in my opinion, fully recovered, in *his* opinion, he
is still very ill and *must* have his Duck Soup or he will surely die at any
moment.  (Boy, they sure get hooked sometimes.) Cendy is just fine now, all
the trouble she was having with her liver has subsided, probably an
infection, now cleared up.  She has the *softest* coat, and is such a
kisser.  Her biggest problem was that she refused liquid of any kind, well,
now she drinks lots of water!!  Trouble (that is her name) has a cold, she
is fine except when she tries to breate :( and you should hear the noises
when she tries to eat or drink, whew.  She sneezes, sniffs, and sputters
alot, but I have her on some great purple stuff now, smells great, must not
taste so good to her, but she doesn't throw a fit so it can't be too bad.
(Actually, I 'have' tasted it, I always taste the meds I give the kids, and
it is not bad at all.) She is also on Amoxi, which she loves, and is
recovering slowly.  She saw the vet Thursday to be sure her lungs are
staying clear, they are :>

And poor Boomer is up and down, one day he'll eat a bit on his own, the next
day the 'Incredible Hulk' could not pry open his mouth to get some
sustenance down him!  He has low blood sugar/possible Insulinoma so he
*must* eat!!!  But he is NOT cooperating today.  So I try to feed him every
few hours to keep him going, he fights, I am barely winning.  He did go on
an excursion through the living room a while ago and acted happy and fairly
normal, though weak and wobbly, no wonder, 1 cc of Duck Soup every hour
isn't much, but is about all he will take.  He gets sub-q fluids too, and I
feed him through the night.  Man, is he wearing me out.  Besides all this, I
have to work too!!!

Well, I have a flat tire this morning, so I had best get at tackling *that*
problem.

Kisses to the fuzzies.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter