Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:58:37 EST
>Years ago my six ferrets ate an ENTIRE BAG of Hersheys Kisses (no, I
>didn't give it to them, they stole it, unbeknownst to me) and not one
>of them ever suffered any health problems from eating chocolate.

ROFL

My "little darlings" Ozzie and Paulie had a game called "Kill The Easter
Basket".  Every year they would hatch a plot to get the easter basket my
mom made for me, knock it off of whatever I put it on, and take ALL the
candy and hide it for later.  It made NO difference where I put the
basket...I once had it on top of my stereo which was on top of a 4 foot
dresser with no visible means to get on top of it, they got it.  I didn't
get to eat the candy out of my basket for quite a few years.  There was
TONS of chocolate, jelly beans, those peep things, and worst of all those
malted milk ball eggs (which are especially nasty two years afterwards
when you find them half chewed and stuck to the floor in some remote
corner under a dresser).  I would find a lot of them candy, they didn't
like the peeps they just liked to tote them around like toys, but I
hardly ever found chocolate or jelly beans and they both lived very long
and full lives so if my easter baskets didn't hurt them (other then belly
aches I'm sure) I really doubt chocolate is all that toxic to ferrets.

Lisa and the Diabolical DOzen