From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:16:34 -0400
I spoke with Mary van Dahm last night after finally finding her phone
number.  She was aware that Fancy Publications made the error and
incorrectly attributed it to her, and there WILL be a retraction in the
next edition.  Imagine them connecting ferrets with rabies.
Arrrggghhhhhhh!  She said it was an editorial error at Fancy.  (So what
else is NOT new - This is why I stick with Modern Ferret and the AFR for
their reliability.  Fancy's errors and some other aspects annoy me too
much with the harm they can cause, especially when they endanger ferrets
or ferret people as this new error did..  OH, YES -- those of you who are
involved in legislative efforts: be SURE to get a photocopy of EACH of
these two issues, Aug of Pet Product News and the one afterward, since you
KNOW your foes will use the first and leave out the retraction.  Jeannne
and Alicia are already working to get them.  We each have only so much
money; Steve and I put our's where we'll get accuracy: AFR and Modern
Ferret.  If we can't get accuracy in important things which keep ferrets
alive we'll put it into shelters or health improvement, not into something
rife with errors.  Why throw away cash?  For us it would be doing that.)

Tasrat:  we'd arrange for a fasting glucose tolerance test.  Read up
on insulinoma.  Begin at http://www.ferretcentral.org and read the
info there; then link from there to AFIP, Miami Ferret and others.

Laura:  Vivace?  Does it fit?

Sandy:  check the FML search function for compounding pharmacist
posts.  Two are:  Belvidere 1-800-322-1302 and Presciption
Specialties 1-800-861-0933.  Think (not completely sure) that you may
find posts from Ela, Ronni, Mike, and/or Dick with others.  I seem to
recall mention of one in back issue of Modern Ferret, too.

Urban, your aleutian info today is interesting.  Common or not at
this point in the U.S., it sure makes sense to try to STOP it from
becoming common, doesn't it?

Ashling's torch song is "Whatever Ashling wants, Ashling gets" Had a friend
visit our hovel recently who is an incredible soprano and despite needing
to rest her voice after an Italian tour she sang to the ferrets.  You
should have SEEN them.  You know how much they like singing already --
imagine it with a voice like that.  She didn't know the Ashling song, yet,
because it didn't exist but she'd have OWNED it!  She's a lady with
ATTITUDE -- just as Ashling is.

Breeding: I don't give one hoot about breeding for anything except health,
longevity, and temperament.  I DO wish people would STOP breeding animals
with problems that increase their likelihood of being abandoned, of being
destroyed, of being abused, or of otherwise suffering.  That includes not
breeding the markings prone to deafness.  You'd FAINT if you knew how many
people offer us their deaf ferrets after they can't train them.  We don't
have the option of saying "Yes".  Sorry.