From:
Shannon Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:32:15 -0400
Hello, recently my little ferret Frankie was severely ill.  My family went
camping and were sitting down to dinner with Frankie and she started to eat
just like normal.  About fifteen minutes later when I was video taping our
"Kids", Frankie, Tommi Jo (also a ferret), and Dempsey (bobcat)...we noticed
that Frankie was throwing up and had severe diarrhea.

Next her body swelled up really bad and turned dark purple.  So we sped back
to town and called her vet....(20 minutes or so) and by that time she was
pooping only blood.  I just new she wasn't going to live through this but I
said my prayers.  She had to stay at the vet for 3 days in an incubator and
had to have an IV...now she is finally better but the only explanation my
vet could come up with was that she ate an insect....a horsefly or spider
and had a toxic reaction.

My question after all of this explanation is...has anyone ever heard of such
a thing?  And also, please take all precautions when traveling anywhere with
your fuzzies they are so fragile...we never thought of such a situation ever
occuring.  Thankfully it wasn't time for Frankie to join her two best
friends over the Rainbow Bridge (We miss and love you Whodini (ferret), and
Vanessa (Bobcat).

Anyway, if you have any questions or answers for me, please write back to

Thanks you,

Sincerely,
Shannon (Dempsey, Tommi Jo, Frankie, Whodini, Vanessa) @--->--->---