From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:37:34 EST
Just wanted to let those that didn't know how this started and progressed.
She started having intermittent diarrhea about 2 weeks after our new
boogers came home.The vet did a fecal loop and found nothing.After 2 weeks
on amoxy drops and having improvement,the vet decided to leave her on
amoxicillan for 2 more weeks and do some more tests,a barium x-ray,etc.The
day of the x-ray,my daughter had her baby,so go to reschedule and take in
the samples in a film canister,and turns out she didn't need the x-rays.
Yay.I took 3 samples a day for 3 days,the film canister is great for this,
kept them in the fridge until third day and took them in.That was the only
way it was found.So now everyone is on yucchy flagyl for 10 days,4 to go,
and it's clean and wash,clean and wash.BTW,Taz has not lost it again.I talk
him through it.So if your ferret has intermittent diarrhrea,try the
multiple sample method.It's easy and cheap.

Sandy and the Fuzzbutt 4
Seen it all,done it all,can't remember most of it.