From:
Heather Archambeault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2010 00:32:54 -0700
No, Evo is not being discontinued... Proctor & Gamble is in the process
of buying out Natura, the company that makes Evo/, Innova, Karma, etc.
(P&G bought out Iams/Eukanuba) I have done a lot of reading on other
forums & also the P&G website...it is official in June, & they are
planning to start their own production in July

I read that one of the changes they are making, is with the Evo dog,
small red bites, it is currently made with 5 meats, they are going to
take away 3 of them & only make it with 2 meats. They said Evo will
stay grain free....but they are making changes, from what I've read.

P&G has ruined every pet food company they have bought out, IMO. It's
always about $$. I expect P&G to start outsourcing ingredients, to
other countries, outside of the US. (like Nature's Variety Instinct,
now outsources their rabbit).

I am in the process of researching other foods, as all of my creatures
are currently fed Evo. They are all supplemented with raw & whole
prey-in a perfect world, I could feed them strictly raw & whole prey,
but it's not feasable for me.

With the help of some very knowledgable breeders that I am working
with, (you kow who you are) ;) I expect we will find a suitable (well,
lesser of the "evil kibble") food. (Ideally, raw & whole prey are best,
but not always feasable.)

So, those of you that feed Evo, you have a little bit of time to buy
up stock of the current Evo formulas. :)

Heather A.