From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 20:14:56 EST
>TO:    Kelleen Andrews, INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
>                  (forwarded to the FML at her request)

Great Spirit Chief.  We thank you for having granted us yet another day to
walk with you and to enjoy the many gifts of our mother, the earth.  Our
brother, the sun, has shined warmly upon us.  Our paths have been a smooth
one today and our hearts are happy.  We have seen your face in many faces.
We have heard your voice in many voices, upon every warming breeze.

We ask you tonight to look with kindness upon our brother, Lightstar, and
his spirit mother, Kelleen.  Our brother ferret is sick again.  His mother
has a heavy heart because of this.  Our hearts are also heavy as we share in
their pain and worry.

We do not know the purpose of sickness or death or pain.  We acknowledge
that there are many things that we will not understand until we have walked
more closely upon the paths that you have given to us to walk.  We strive
each day to walk in the way you would have us walk, knowing that you do not
turn your face from us when we stumble and fall.

We ask you to speak to the hearts of Lightstar and Kelleen.  They are dear
friends to us.  Speak loudly so that they may hear how much you care for and
love each of them.  Let them know that life, however long, short or
troubled, is a gift that you have given to all of us.  Please, if it is in
your purpose, heal his body and bring comfort to her.  Know that we stand
with them and share their pain and sorrow.  Our hope is that, if enough of
us speak unselfishly to you about them, you will grant our humble requests.

We thank you, Father, for your many gifts.

Paw Paw and Tater