From:
Anne Marie Mullet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:50:48 -0700
Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't posted anything sooner, but I didn't really have all that
much to report yet.  Now I have something -- I contacted the Small Business
Administration and requested a mailing of a start up insurance business for
pets from them.  I just got it today in the mail!!  I was so excited to see
that!!!  It has rules and regulations, etc.  I also contacted the Illinois
Department of Insurance Commission and have the contact for pet insurance
there.  I've been calling several businesses here in my area where I live
that can help me with a business plan, and whatever legalities are
involved.  I'm searching for a good business start up lawyer as well,
specifically for insurance if I can find one.  I have also many bookmarked
web pages on business startups as well as an entrepreneur software package.
I wrote letters to some pet insurance companies already and still am
waiting for their policy information.  Unfortunately, they're all in Great
Britain and England.  The couple of pet insurance companies we hav e here
I already received their policy for ideas.

Next on my agenda is to write letters to as many vets in the Chicagoland
area to start with, and request a copy of their medical charges for ferret
clients, and what their most performed operations are on them.  I already
received one from my vet.

I also am looking at several different options if an insurance company
isn't the one that will work.  But I am going to work very hard on the
insurance idea first!!

Thanks so much to all of you who responded with your positive input!  It's
greatly appreciated and helps me a lot.  And to all of you wonderful fellow
ferret lovers who haven't had the opportunity to respond to me as of yet,
please know that I would LOVE to hear from you and what your thoughts,
ideas and suggestions on this endeavor might be!

Thanks again!!
Dooks!!
---
(: Have a happy smiley day :)