From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 08:51:58 -0600
Guess what!  I'm a Foster Mom!  The lady that runs the local rescue here had
two girls surrendered to her that had been living in a barn near here.
Apparently most of their lives.  She estimates they are 3-4 years old.  Her
shelter has had ECE, and my house hasn't.  She wanted to prevent exposure to
these girls - so she asked me if I would foster.  :-) I'm so flattered that
she trusts me enough to do this!  She's a wonderful lady, and *very* devoted
to her shelter kids.  I've never done this before <gggggg>....

They are small girls (not as small as my Ferris and Binky, however) - and
sweet, beautiful sables.  I'm amazed at how gentle and loving they are.  The
*only* problem they have is that they've never had a litter box - so they
aren't trained at all.  (And we all know that doesn't make much difference
anyhow....) They don't have names yet either (suggestions are welcome!) -
but what a bundle of joy they are!

The biggest problem right now is - my two sweet girls are absolute *demons*
when it comes to the new girls.  I was so shocked!  My girls have never
offered to even nip anyone - and even barely when we're playing very rough.
It doesn't look like an assertion of power to me - its an all out ATTACK!  I
don't know what to think.  The poor foster kids were scared to death.
They're so timid.  They're fine with Duncan ("cool Mom!  more women!!").
Right now we're doing alternating play times - but I was hoping we could all
romp together eventually.  Anyone think that might be possible?  I'm digging
out a bunch of old FML's to see if I can get integration tips out of any of
them - but input is welcome....

[PS: My "Binky saga" came through in the last issue kind of chopped up for
     some reason.  If anyone is interested in the complete version, let me
     know and I'll send you a copy.  Not too much was missing in the posted
     version.]

Dooks and hugs,

Cheryl and the Wrecking Crew
        Kelly (24 year old cat - who if she wasn't blind and deaf would
               be really ticked off right now...)
        Duncan ("Cool mom - where'd all these girls come from?")
        Ferris ("Just open that cage, Mom - and I'll take care of this
                 little problem!")
        Binky ("HEY!  Who moved my squeekies?!")
        Punkin (min-pin "Oh gee... not _more_ of them.")