From:
Chris Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 16:06:43 -0700
The fight continues to legalize ferrets.  Due to Fish and Game refusing to
take ferrets off the restricted list, we are now trying to prepare for the
next legislative year and get a state senator to sponsor a legalization
bill.

If you reside in the State Senate 40th District represented by Steve
Peace, we need your help.  If you are unsure as to what district you are
in, check in the front of your yellow pages for a map, call your local
voters registration office, or check out the state senate webiste at
http:www.sen.ca.gov

Note that I tried to use the search on the website and got no response, but
hopefully you do!  You can also contact me and I'll help you find out who
is your state senator.

We need anyone in Steve Peace to send a letter asking him to help legalize
ferrets.  You can include a short note explaining why, but don't need to
go into detail.  We'll be setting up a meeting and providing him with the
facts.  We need your letters to show how many people in his district are
effected.  Please ask your friends, family, and coworkers to do the same.
Please include your address in your letter so that he can see that you do
reside in his district.  This is not admitting that you have ferrets, but
that you simply want him to help legalize ferrets.

Senator Steve Peace
State Capitol Room 3060
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone 916-445-6767
Fax   916-327-3522

District Offices:
7877 Parkway Dr., Ste 1B
La Mesa, CA 91942
619-463-0243
619-463-0245 Fax

430 Davidson St. #E
Chula Vista, CA 91910
619-427-7080

Please send ASAP as we will try to meet with him this week.  If you are
available during the week to meet with Steve Peace please contact me.
It would also be helpful if you informed me as to how many letters you
and your friends have sent.  Numbers count!

Chris K.
Ferrets Anonymous San Diego East County Chair
619-440-8823