From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:30:56 -0700
Selena,

In rescuing, I have sometimes taken in singles.  Some of them warm up
to the others, but right now I have a little female who just won't allow
anyone else to come up to her.  She'll strike like snake and nip with a
squeak.  Yet she looks like she wants to play with them.  Even lots of
Ferretone hasn't helped.  I get calls from newbies asking about adopting
"a" ferret.  Believe me, they have so much more fun with another or
several of their own to play and snuggle with.  You don't have to pay
that much for a kit; adopt a couple from a local shelter and don't feed
the pet store's supplying ferret mill.  Shelters are overpopulated as
it is.

Don't know your local shelter?  There was the listing on Monday's FML
for the SOS list at the end of Kat Parson's message.  Or do a search for
wherever you live.  A shelter can help you with all kinds of advice and
even equipment, as well as supplying you with ferrets already grown to
adulthood.

Carol O.

Tucson