From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:50:43 -0400
>It's Matan and his jill from Israel, 4 whoever remembers our story...
>the heat in Israel is very hot these days, and therefore jill is always
>in heat.  i shall not get her spayed no matter what u will say.  i cannot
>get her pregnant again, as she just finished 1 pregnancy recentle and my
>parents wont let me give her a hob.  there is absoulutely no solution,
>and time is running off.  please help me.

Matan, if you are running into a complication in which she is in heat too
long that could very easily kill her.  When people here mentioned spaying
they did so because you risk having her die otherwise.  First get her to
the vet and see if she can be successfully brought out with hormonal shots
(which will leave her whole); if not then to save her life you will have
to seriously listen to why the breeders here who know what they are doing
mentioned spaying.  It was not to sound mean; it was to save her life.
Aplastic anemia is a miserable way to die, and it would be callus to watch
her die if an option such as spaying can save her life (if the hormonal
shot alternative fails).  If you wait too long then she will have NO
chance at survival.  I doubt that is what you want.

It is NOT the temperature which has her in heat, despite the similarity of
words.  It is a hormonal function.  When kits stop nursing too young heat
reoccurs.  She is in that hormonal cycle.  Either the vet brings her out
with shots, or she gets spayed, or she stands a painfully high likelihood
of dying a very unpleasant and avoidable death.

There are two possible solutions that leave her alive:
1. try hormonal shots, and if they don't work
2. spay her

There is one that might well kill her:
1. do nothing.

Sometimes the only solution to a problem is one you won't like, and in
that case you have to be mature, listen to your options, and try either
the least painful or mostly likely to be successful of the options first.
Most of adulthood is filled with those sorts of choices; that is just life.