From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:11:55 -0500
Hi--

Dan and I, our ferrets, Grany (Grania Malley the Irish pirate queen) and
Ceili (party girl) went to Dublin, Oh's Irish party.  Dan and I go for the
bands each year.  This year featured The Hooligans, Knot Fibbing (great
local band) and Cherish the Ladies (I've been following them since 87),
and Irish dancers from the Rich and Tim Acadamy of Dance.

We met Kim Wolfe and her son, Todd, and their two ferrets, Gully and
Fidget.  Kim later returned after dropping her son off at Grandma's and
brought her big 8 mos old blacksable boy, Lucky.  He was very silly.  I
heard some little kids calling him a puppy as she walked through the tent
with him on his leash.

They mostly stayed in their bag and peeked their heads out at the passing
people.  When tired, they retreated to the bag for frequent naps.  Dan
took each of them for two seperate romps outside the hotel for poddy
breaks and exploration under the mulch in the hotel gardens.  I'm used to
having my ferrets climb all over me on outings.  They were both pretty
content with their walks and just watching the world go by from the bag.
It was a rare afternoon that I have ferrets sleeping in my lap, I had two
lap ferrets who wore quickly worn out and frequent nappers Both girls
headed back to mommy after being tired of being held by strangers.

I got some help eating my corned beef sandwich from both the girls.  They
each licked my sandwiich and pulled some meat out to eat.  They had to
settle for kibble and water for their own dinner

I must admit I was impressed that almost everyone recognized the ferrets
as ferrets this year.  One person thought they were baby racoons.

KG