From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 22:48:15 -0400
Kevin-

First congrats on being sent to Germany- everyone I know that has served
there has loved it.

Second- US Air policy is no ferrets in cabin on ANY flight, foreign or
domestic.  And I have personally experienced flying out of Philly with
ferrets.  You better make sure your paperwork is in perfect order, because
they looked for any and every reason not to take the ferrets, period.  I
ended up sending mine as checked baggage- they went through to Seattle
(about the same flight time as going to Germany) and had no problems.  Peter
Koch has a great deal of experience shipping ferrets out of Germany- not
sure if he has ever shipped them in to Germany though.  He would be an
excellent person for you to contact- e-mail me privately for his number if
you need it.

-Anne