From:
"Dr. Deb Sell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:29:54 -0700
I have a ferret who was put on pred 4 days ago for insulinoma.  He had
insulinoma surgery one year ago and was doing great until a few days ago
when he started staggering a bit.  We took a blood test (complete) and
hte only thing off was his glucose (it was a bit low at 71).  He is still
staggering and I am wondering how long the pred takes to begin working
(or if it already should have).  He also had mammary tumors removed 3
weeks ago and has not been eating since.  I am force feeding him 4-5
times a day and giving sub-Q fluids to keep him hydrated.

I am wondering if he could have contracted helicobacter at the time of
surgery???I know nothing about helicobacter, other than the symptoms
sound like what my boy has.  Would a fecal exam tell if it is
helicobacter?  I am struggling for answers and my vet seems to think
pred will take care of it...should I give it a bit longer for the pred
to work ??

deb