From:
The Ferret Centre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 1996 21:54:21 +0800
Yesterday morning (Australia Day) the kids treated us to breakfast in bed.
They brought bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon yum yum went the
parents, :-) :-).  I had just had one bite and was putting said bagel down
on my plate when "vrrrooom", Basil the Boofhead shot onto the bed like a bat
out of hell, clamped his teeth down on the bagel and raced off.  I lunged,
caught him by the scruff of his neck, he screamed (and I mean screamed) and
dropped everything but the salmon.  I got him in a hammerlock and tore the
salmon out of his mouth.  My husband said there was something rather sad
about a middle-aged woman wrestling on the bed with her ferret over a piece
of fish ....  I didn't care!  Needless to say the kids shamed me into giving
Basil a little (and I mean LITTLE) bit of salmon after that fiasco!  Do
American ferrets enjoy the good life too?????

Nona Langley
The Ferret Centre