From:
Angela and Darryl Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:15:57 -0500
Thrasher

Thrasher My first ferret.  His name well I m a hockey nut and named him
after the Atlanta Thrashers.  I bought him from a exotic pet show that
came through at our local civic center.  Choosing him was easy there was
14 ferrets all blaze s but Thrasher well when I approached the display
he noticed me and I noticed him.  How did I noticed him, easy as I came
close to the open cage like setup he followed me and he was bouncing and
prancing his tail off at me, climbing on all the other ferrets, and
putting oddly antics to get to me.  As soon as my arm went in downward
motion well he leaped and grabbed onto me quickly and got to my ears,
started licking then surprisingly he just then laid down around my neck.
The entire meantime, he looked like caffeine or sugar- rushed ferret.
From all is efforts the guy was exhausted and felt comfortable laying
around my neck.  After finding out the basics of what foods he was
currently use to, and how they treated their ferrets.  I said let me
think about it plus shop for a cage first.  The lady took Thrasher off
my neck set him back down.  Oh my god he arrosed again crazy bouncing,
hurdling to get to me and then an eek!  Eek!  Hissed while backing up and
bouncing!  Well that took me right there!  I Placed him back up on my
neck and once again he went to knapping.  So I told the lady ok he s
coming home with me.  Continued to walk around and see all the exotics
even purchased the food, cage, toys, hammock, chew weasels and water
bowls & bottles and that whole time he was knapping around my neck.  When
it came time to leaving My wife took him off my neck and right away he
was stretching to get back at me!  So I held him in my arms went and got
the car to pull up and load all the things I bought for him my wife
loaded the car as I watched him inside the car.  When we left and he was
on my lap, he climbed up and was licking me.  The amount of effort this
ferret did his funny dance and leaps, and through out it all he acted
weird to like he knew he was going home with me.

Well, with Thrasher he is one funny and frantic friend.  And the one that
now has got us to be a Rescue/Shelter.  He is a happy guy, but also I
really feel he knows what I actually say and talk just by his facial
actions and that he has really been the easiest to train and communicate
with.  But to the real funny thing.  Well I watch all the Thrasher hockey
games on T.V. and well between him hearing his name and observing my
watching the screen well now he watches hockey.  He follows the movement
of the players.  And well the bells and whistles go off for us scoring I
myself clap my hands.  And after a couple times of Thrasher noticing it,
now when the bells and whistles goes off thrasher bounces and hisses at
the same time.  Plus the hockey games are not on every night but with the
tv on and the beginning announcement of the game thrasher comes out from
where ever gets on the edge of the bed closest to the tv and watches the
television.

Out of all the ferrets we have he is the calm, funny, frantic one we
have.  Every outing it is funny with him.  Oh, Yeah he s big on pushing
the buttons on mommy (my Wife) and when that happens boy it is funny to
watch.  He s real big on pushing someone s buttons then running off for
you to get him, and it s almost like the kid game duck, duck, goose.
Cause after he s got you looking for him he ll manage to sneek up and sit
where you was last, then when you get up of the floor to look else where,
up there he is staring at you and then when he realizes you see him he
does that same funny frantic bounce and hiss, but bewarn you ll approach
to pick him up, and swiiishhhe!!!!  Of he goes for you to try to find
him!  Oh finally, Don t quit playing, he ll bite or nibble your toes if
you do!

How s this for happy postings or let me know if this is not worth posting
on the FML?