From:
Kathleen Homan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 03:07:06 -0500
Although I am sure that tons of people are going to post telling you the
same thing, I have to also....Please waste no more time and get that baby
to a vet!!!  I know that you mentioned your vet's office had burned down
and he isn't practicing right now.  Then it's up to you to aggressively
seek another vet.  I am not in your area but I am sure that if you have
problems getting to one someone on this list can help you out, I know
that I surely would if I could because your ferret seriously needs to see
a vet!!!  Your babys condition is steadily getting worse and you have to
understand that due to a ferrets metabolism and general physical makeup
when they get sick they deteriorate rapidly.  I won't go into what I
think your ferrets problem could be or anything like that.  I don't want
to make you feel bad or think I am calling you a bad ferret mom for
waiting on the vet visit and trying to nurse her yourself, I don't think
ill of you at all.  I am just asking you very seriously to get your fuzzy
to the doc, you can't afford to waste any time now that all eating has
ceased and she's getting weaker.

Again, If you need help please don't be afraid to ask, there are tons of
really great ferret folks out here who will do what we can and although I
am not in your area please feel free to email me if you need to talk or
anything.....

Good look to both of you and please let us know what's going on....we
care!!!

Kathy Homan