From:
William Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 02:30:53 -0500
>From:    Dee Eisenman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Slinky, Realplayer
>Second, does anyone know where to go to download Realplayer for free?

http://www.real.com

If you don't want to pay for the "nice" version, download the free one.
Instead of your usual attack on the Sheffermans you should have researched
the Real player.  Put us in the list of those who don't pay.  You can get
the basic real player if you use Netscape by doing a Smart Update.

You can even get there directly from http://www.ferretTv.com by following
the link that tells you for

>FerretTV.com takes advantage of some of the latest web video technology
>and requires current browsers and plugins. See the Technical Support
>page for more information.

There it tells you
>This site was developed using Internet Explorer 5 and RealPlayer 8.
>It is recommended that you use the latest versions of these products
>(both are free downloads).

Anything is better than a Microsoft product so I disagree with using
InterNetDestroyer <g>

>[Moderator's note: The basic RealPlayer *is* available for free, but
>they don't make it too easy to find!  Go to http://www.real.com
>Then click on "Download:   RealPlayer " near the top of that screen.
>You'll be brought to another page filled with hype about RealPlayer Plus.
>But at the very bottom...

You could also just go to about 3/4 of the way down the first page and
look in the large box labeled "Top Free Downloads" and get the player,
the jukebox and the download demon.

Seemed not that hard to find... <g>

bill and diane killian

[Moderator's note: Not exactly easy: When you follow the "Top Free
Downloads" link you are *still* taken to the "Real Player Plus" hype page
and still have to find the "RealPlayer 8 Basic" link on the bottom.  BIG]