Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:34:53 -0500
Hi,
I know most of you have heard little bits about my precious Princess.
She is dying, day by day she dies a little more.  She is naked from mid
back on.  Her bald litle head makes her look like a liitle old lady
instead of the regal young lady she was in her prime.  I had to move her
to a separate house because she either is fecal incontinent or she just
can't get to the litter box, even though it is inches away.She would get
poo on all of her brothers and sisters.  But, I put a friend in with her
every so often, so that she feels fuzzy on her naked skin.  I wish you
could have known her in her prime, I have never known a more intuitive,
and sensitive ferret.  That little girl could see through clear through
to my soul sometimes with her sparkling little eyes.

So now, she is yet another victim ravaged by the clutches of Adrenal
Gland Disease & Insulinoma.  Most of us have gone though it, it's not
easy for anyone.  But for 8 1/2 years she has been my little companion,
even licking my tears when the pain in my back was just to much to take.
I am SO not ready to let her go.  I think she's not ready either.  She
still has her mischievious , sparkling eyes, although somewhat faded by
the years.  I have told her that it's okay, it's okay to go because I
KNOW she's tierd.  But being the stoic, regal Princess that she truly is,
she just keeps hanging in there!  What a strong spirited girl she is, or
could it be ,that she loves ME to much to leave?  I do so hope that she
leaves for Bridge at home.  I just could not stand that "final drive"

If this sounds like an obituary, it's not.  This is more like a tribute,a
tribute to the most loving,intelligent,and yes, she is regal and at times
even stubborn,little fert.  And so we live everyday as best as we can.
Her little legs are getting wobbly now so I hold her most of the time.
Time, why does it have to be so cruel sometimes?  However, she taught
me how to be a ferret Mom.  From the time she was 8 weeks old, she has
taught me almost everyday, something more about ferrets.  Even now, as I
learn about Melatonin Implants and that they came along just a little too
late for her.  The stress could be enough to send her to the Bridge.  And
selfish as I am, I am not going to take days away from our time together,
and so far she isn't hurting, and she still responds lovingly to my
touch, and my kiss.  She still sighs when I pet her,still loves her
treats, and drinks on her own.

So, I try to prepare, somehow for her trip to the Bridge.  But there is
no way to really say goodbye to such a loyal,unconditionally ,loving
friend.  it will tear my heart out and completely shatter it.  But I find
comfort in knowing she will pay me a visit to let me know she's okay & to
make me feel better.  But for now, I am making sure she knows that I love
her with every cell of my being.  And I thank her too, (and she knows it,
I can see it in her eyes.) for being such a comfort to me, and such a
wonderful friend.  And for now, we rock together in the darkened
quietness of the living room as many nights as possible and thank God
for giving us every last day we have together.