From:
Michelle Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 10:11:14 -0700
re: Support from you all...
Hey, I'm enjoying the list, but haven't gotten anything back on my question.
Do you guys hate me because we lost our babies?  I was told everyone here
was really helpful and would probably flood me with replies and condolences
but so far, I really haven't gotten much in the way of direct
replies/information for my situation (I asked how long to wait before
getting new babies, if ECE was a possibility here).

I *did* read the FAQ but it says *minimum* they can carry the virus for four
months, I suppose it's possible they could carry it longer.  We are really
wanting to get new fuzzies, for our empty hearts and for our lone Vanilla
baby here...  I'm wondering, armed with my new education on ferrets, and how
to help them during illness, should I just clean everything well and get new
babies?  Is it just a judgement call we have to make ourselves?  My son
keeps bugging me to get new friends, and I am thinking of going to see some
babies for sale tomorrow night...  PLEASE if possible, give me some idea
what I should do...

re: ferret fairytales

We too are on our fourth Redwall book, LOVING them...and my son almost
daily bemoans that the ferrets are all bad guys... I'll tell him that maybe
_Outcast of Redwall_ has a "good" ferret.  In fact, our beloved babies who
are gone were named after Redwall characters...Killconey (a ferret in
_Redwall_ or _Mossflower_ - can't remember which), and Mariel (a mouse in
_Mariel of Redwall_ but *hey* my 8 year old son named her...).

BTW, our albino baby Vanilla still shows no sign of illness and her
sneezing is less everyday, I heard maybe one or two achoos yesterday total.

Thanks folks,

Michelle Lowe in the Phoenix desert          \|/     |
[log in to unmask]                        -O-   | |
                                                   |_|_|