From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 00:52:33 -0400
Michael F. Janke's post of May 19 said it best that putting road kill on
the kitchen floor was not going to happen in most of our homes.  The only
comment I make about his post is that it is not necessary to shave hair off
the cat.  Our fuzzies lick and ingest plenty of their own fur to provide the
required gentle cleansing action that our ferrets need and love.

A week or so ago Bob C. talked about Modern Ferret Magazine.  he talked
about loyalty, informative articles, a voice in the wilderness for those not
on line and a place for vendors to advertise so we can spend all sorts money
on things our furbutts just have to have.  I hate to burst your bubble Bob
but nobody buys that magazine for witty articles, cute stories and
scientific information.  Lets try and be honest on this forum.  People buy
the magazine for the pictures.  Lets admit it people.  The first thing we do
is open to the Centerfold.  After looking at that from all angles its on to
the Pink Noses with pictures of naked ferrets in all sorts of provocative
poses, (I draw your attention to the Albino in the last issue laying on her
back, spread eagled in the bathtub, need I say more:o) finally we go to
Funny Ferret Tricks with more pictures of slinkys doing unusual things with
their bodies.  Only then do we even think about reading the articles.  So
Bob why didn't you just say that you write for Modern Ferret Magazine so you
can get a subscription without the embarrassment that the rest of us face
when the mailman comes knocking on our door.  We are all in the same
position so you can be truthful with us.