From:
Ann Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 07:16:09 -0800
This article was posted today...I am not sure what to think.  I believe it
came from The Washington Post.  There is good information (especially from
Dr. Weiss), but the bit about ferrets attacking young kids just seems to be
more of the same kind of stuff that gives our sweet little fuzzies their
undeserved reputation.  If anyone wants to respond, you should probably
respond to The Washington Post, since that is where the website gets its
articles.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1999-11/02/027l-110299-idx.html

Also--thank you to all who responded when I asked for recommendations for
my little refugee ferret who had to hide out in Pennsylvania in order to
escape possible reporting by my landlord.  She is doing well and I will get
her back in 11 days.  I have missed her, and I will be glad to be in a
Ferret Friendly Zone.  However, based on what I read in this article, it
seems that there are still lots of misperceptions about ferrets and the
kind of pets they are.

Love to the fuzzies,

Ann