From:
"E. Callisto" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 00:59:09 EST
Hi,

I wanted some tips on travelling with my ferret.  I've taken her around
(about 4 hours one way max) in the car a few times before, and although she
was frisky in the beginning, she got used to it.  Now my question concerns
airplanes.  I'm planning to take her on a total of 13 hour flight (one stop
over), and I was wondering if anyone had tips on this.  I called a vet and
he said that he'll give a mild sedative for my ferret, but I rather not do
that.  Any suggestions?  It makes me especially MAD because many airplane
companies don't allow ferrets because they think of them as "Rodents."  How
should I tackle this - write a letter?  They won't listen on the phone.
They can be really very extremely rude.  I want to give my ferret (six
months) the best travel possible for her.

Thanks in advance :)

E. Callisto