From:
Jacci Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:13:39 -0400
I have received numerous private responses to my request for prayers
for my sweet Danny Phantom - who had adrenal surgery last Thursday. I
want to thank everyone who contacted me on & off list, and to give an
update to all those who asked about how he's been doing.

He's doing pretty good. He still won't really eat his regular kibble.
My son claims to have seen/heard him eat a couple pieces yesterday, but
I think Danny's been enjoying mama's spoiling him too much, so he won't
eat any when I'm around. I've been feeding him "mush" since the surgery
(I soak his kibble in Pedialyte till it's soft, throw that in the
blender with a jar of chicken baby food & add Ferretone & Ferretvite
for more flavor.) Up until last night I'd been spoon feeding it to him
every 3 hours (except from 11:30 pm - 7:30 am). Last night & this
morning he ate it off a tupperware lid all by himself. He's pooping &
peeing plenty, so I know he's getting plenty of food & water in him. I
had to force water (Pedialyte actually) down him via syringe the first
4 days cuz he was kind of dehydrated the first couple days. But his
gums look pink & his skin snaps right back now. He's pretty active &
bored! I let him walk around a bit last night for the first time out
of the cage &/or playpen since Thursday. He didn't really want to play
with the others too much - just went to sleep in his usual spot under
the couch. I'm keeping him in the isolation cage till his stitches come
out, but letting him have some heavily supervised out of cage time now
(since last night.)

Thanks again for all the support. Ferret people rule! I don't know what
I would've done with out people on the FML & internet to give me advice
on this. The vet & most books that I have don't tell you anything about
the post-op care (such as to isolate, not let them climb, use puppy
pads instead of litter, etc).

Price of adrenal surgery $265.00 (+ $99 for the preceeding vet visit &
x-rays). Getting the right information to care for the furry patient
afterwards - PRICELESS!

Dooks to all & may weasel war dances fill your days!
Jacci & the Psycho Circus
Danny Phantom, Kira the Wonder Fert, Shakespeare the Courageous & Skye
Lightning
 & the 2nd class citizens (aka the cats: Tigger, Angel & Ace)