From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:12:12 -0400
There has been some discussion lately on putting a ferret to sleep.  My
feelings are that animals were given to man for his use, we have dominion
over them.  We take animals daily to eat and that is one use given us by
our maker.  If we choose to take the animal as a pet and friend, that also
is quite acceptable.  When it comes that the animal is suffering, it is our
duty to respect the animal the end that suffering where it serves no useful
purpose for man.  We are not playing God, but exercising our God given gift
of dominion over animals.  Jewish people even demand a non cruel method of
slaughter in respect to the animal as well as certain things to not eat in
respect to the animal (such as no cheese on a burger, cheese is from milk
that is made for the calf, so dairy and meat are not to be eaten together
in respect to the relationship).

I have had the task of putting a fert down, and still grieve today about
it, but do not feel in anyway that I did wrong.  I just truly miss my
friend the fert.  What was done was the best for him where nothing else
could be done and he was suffering terribly.  Was not only my God given
right, but a duty to my friend.

Hopefully we don't have to do this many times in our lives, but it is ok
to do so and to also grieve.  Is quite normal.

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud