From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 06:01:56 -0700
Hi all!

Wanted to tell (brag!) about my my new additions to my fert family...in just
a little less than a month and a half, from finding/joining the FML due to
the loss of my beloved Colours, I have been blessed with the adoption of
Hopps, and now Bubba, Tabitha, Daisy and Samatha.

BTW, insofar as the discussions regarding ferrets living in the wild?  Well,
I guess that depends on what "wild" we are talking about.  Outside?  No!
But, inside?  Shoot, there's wild ferret parties going on here all the time
now!

They all bonded so very nicely.  Morrow is overwhelmed.  She has, without a
doubt gone out of her way to show all these new folks her ins and outs of
the house...yesterday she taught Bubba (he is almost Hopps size) how to
climb through the silverware drawer to get up on to the kitchen counters.
Before letting them out I forgot to put the donuts away.  Not that they ate
any..But they sure had fun dragging them around!  Thank goodness she didn't
first show him her trick of hiding in there to scare her mommy....One fert
head is bad enough at surprise, but two?  Nothing would get done with Mom
passed out on the floor as ferrets are dooking and wardancing all over
her....

They are all beautiful!  Where there are 5 hammocks in this LARGE cage, two
sleeping bags, they all choose to sleep in the hammock that's closest to the
door.  So, whenever I walk by or walk into the room, there are six little
heads watching me intently begging to be let out.

They are all sables, but I kinda have doubts about Hopps.  His dark markings
around his face/feet, etc are ALOT darker then all of the others - his mask
is VERY pronounced.

Morrow (my first) still remains the smallest, she's alot more personality
then her weight by far!

Then of course Hopps, the ferret giant.
Bubba (little smaller) gives kisses and loves to play with Hopps
Daisy - all four little white socks
Tabatha is the smallest of the four additions, and actually lighter then
all of them,
Samantha has a dark mask but lighter hair then Hopps.

Now, instead of two little fuzzkids sticking out from under the couch, flat
carpetsharks, there are 6, all sticking out of different places as you walk
by.  Although the new additons had never been around dogs, they had
absolutely no problems adjusting to them either.

A family meant to be!

Karen